Total Pageviews

Sunday, 18 September 2011


Not usually given to putting soppy stories on my blog I had to share this
 email I've just received from my niece Mel. 
This is the most wonderful story and quite made my morning.

Animals can be amazing.

After losing his parents, this 3 year old orangutan was so depressed he wouldn't eat and didn't respond to any medical treatments. The veterinarians thought he would surely die from sadness. The zoo keepers found an old sick dog on the grounds in the park at the zoo where the orangutan lived and took the dog to the animal treatment center. The dog arrived at the same time the orangutan was there being treated. The 2 lost souls met and have been inseparable ever since. The orangutan found a new reason to live and each always tries his best to be a good companion to his new found friend.









They live in Northern California where swimming 
is their favourite past time,
although Roscoe (the orang-utan) 
is a little afraid of the water and needs his                       friend's 
    help to swim.

They are together 24 hours a day in all their activities.


Together they have discovered the joy and laughter in life and the value of  friendship.



They have found more than a friendly shoulder to lean on.


Long Live Friendship!!!!!!!
I don't know... some say life is too short, others say it is too long,
but I know that nothing that we do makes sense if we don't touch the hearts of others... while it lasts!
May you always have
Love to Share, 
Health to Spare, 
and 
Friends who Care.


 Following on neatly from that ......
When I was setting up the little shop in Tarrant Street for the festival
 I found a great little painted sign. 
I laughed like a drain.
 ( where the dickens does that phrase come from??)
when I spotted it.

Come to think of it where does the phrase,
 " where the dickens" come from??

 Well, anyway...however drains laugh, I did, 
and nudged the bloke next to me to draw his attention to it, 
while doubling up.

It turned out he didn't speak too much English and I 
gave up trying to explain the meaning of it,
as he didn't even crack a smile, and later, 
on reflection, it wasn't even that funny, 
it must have just caught me on a depressed moment.

Saying that, the first person to see it in the shop rushed in and bought it, 
telling me, she had just experienced the morning from hell 
and the gorgeous red, painted, sign
was going in her kitchen as it made her smile.

At least I knew then, I wasn't going completely Ga Ga.
The sign?? Oh! I almost forgot....
Ignore the previous comment then, 
about going Ga Ga...

"WHAT IF THE OKEY COKEY REALLY IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT?"


Have a great day




Post a Comment