Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

The Inca Trail for St. Barnabas

Another slightly dreary morning here in the South of England.
Oh! Roll on the Spring.


Now, here is a little something I received this morning.
Talk about, 
" walk a mile in my shoes"


Pat is a friend I have known since the 70's,
although we lost touch for a few years there.

Actually, thinking about it, it might well be Facebook 
we have to thank for getting back in touch.

When I lived in Worthing and was thinking of adoption,
Pat and her family happened to live just 2 doors away 
with the most delightful adopted daughter.

They helped us so much through the adoption process and were there to 
celebrate the day the adoption went through legally.

Katy, although a few years older than Jay,
 just adored him,
as he did her.
She spent many patient hours playing with him and reading to him.

So...I have some very happy memories of those days.
Here is what Pat is doing at the moment.


My much loved father Stephen Troughton-Smith who died on 1 January 2012,
 had prostate cancer from 1994. 
He had been a supporter of St Barnabas Hospice in Worthing for many years.
 He didn't in the end use its wonderful caring environment as he chose to stay in the nursing home where my mother remains.

 I want to carry on the support he used to give. Please help me in his memory? 

To focus my campaign I've signed up to walk the Inca Trail Trek, 
the 52 km from K82 to Aguas Calientes via Macchu Pichu, in May 2012. 
This is going to be a mammoth effort for me as I've never been an athlete. 
I will have to work really hard at getting fit for this high altitude demanding trail.

Rest assured that I'm paying all the costs myself, 
so everything you give will go purely to St Barnabas Hospices. 
The organisation includes Chestnut Tree House, for children with life-limiting diseases, 
as well as the adult hospice. 
They are fantastic places and need all the money we can raise.












Good Luck Pat
I won't be walking quite so far,
but will be thinking of you.



have a good day,
whatever you are doing.







Have a great day, whatever you are doing.
Post a Comment