The Hoarde and Decorative Collective, two chests being renovated and a wet walk along Arundel Riverbank.

Good Morning
from
Arundel Eccentrics.


Sunday
Grey and gloomy here in Arundel.

The Hoarde



Did I mention we recently joined The Hoarde?
If you have never heard of it and like 
antiques and vintage you may be interested to take a look.

It's a collection of antique dealers, many like ourselves who work off the usual track.
Ha Ha... Antiques Along the Road Less Travelled.
If only I had the time I was going to produce a directory as such.

And with apologies to M.Scott Peck of The Road Less Travelled fame,
I thought it would be a great name.

Alas, I don't have time, anyway, so an apology will never be necessary. LOL


The collection of dealers on The Hoarde sell antiques that the 
average person would be able to buy.

It appeals to a wide audience.
Young vintage buyers  love it.

There is  a sister site called The Decorative Collective.
That's a collection of the more......actually I'll let you take a look yourself.

What would you say?
More upmarket?

Certainly many more of the well known names in English Decorative Antiques with stunning shops,
 all selling the most gorgeous of pieces.

Apply Hoare
Architrave
Brownrigg
Martin Johnson
Lennox Cato
Lorfords

Both sites are fantastic and would introduce anyone to many of the names in English Decorative Antiques. Established and up and coming. If you go to the each site and sign on, they will send you regular updates of new dealers joining, latest additions to collections etc etc.


Here's the link to our shop front on The Hoarde

Market day


I love going to Chichester a town a few miles from 
Arundel and buying all my fruit and veggies at the market.



 Yesterday was market day. 
Why do we ever buy in supermarkets if
 we have such wonderful stalls on our doorstep?

So very much cheaper.
I've been going there so long there's
 always a lot of banter from the family run stall.
Three generations who have run the stall for over 20 years.

If I'm early Jeff the boss tells everyone in the queue
I'm on my way home from clubbing.
My clubbing days are long since gone, I can tell you.

They always get one of the young guys to take all the loaded bags to my car.

Then as we are walking away, he shouts out to the amusement of the queue
" And send him back....

In a conspiratorial voice to the amused crowd he says,
" Sometimes they come back three weeks later"

Good job I have a sense of humour.



That's something you don't see every day.
Husband and wife with  parrots on their shoulders.



Walking in the rain



Worked most of yesterday on furniture and went for a walk along Arundel river bank.
By then it was raining and bleak. Never the less Arundel still looks like a film set.























Decorating Furniture


I'm in the shop today.
Well, when I get there.

Quick coat of paint or varnish to things before I go.

This is what I'm working on at the moment.
Among other things.
Bamboo tables and bowls.




Two Chests.
You might want to follow their progress.
Don't be fooled by the colours they are destined to be black
with decoupage.

I've used Annie Sloan on them as a primer really.

You can do that as long as the paint you use on the top is also very chalky.
If its an ordinary emulsion and hence has a bit of plastic in it,  it will peel off.
Trust me , its happened and I was a bit irritated to say the least.

 I'll do the next step tomorrow.

Have a great day










Comments

Popular Posts