Total Pageviews

Friday, 13 March 2015

Love Lane Vintage Brocante, Petworth,and Old Friends.

Good Morning
from
Arundel Eccentrics


Love Lane Vintage Brocante


The Love Lane Vintage brocante was on near Petworth yesterday.


It was a beautiful sunny Spring morning as my friend Allie and I drove through the
Sussex countryside to Upwaltham.

(Upwaltham Barns, Upwaltham, Chichester, GU28 0LX) 



From early in the morning the place was bustling.



The barn where the brocante was held is stunning. 
It's  a popular wedding venue and is
such a romantic place.



Mostly vintage pieces with some rather gorgeous accessories.
I loved these scarves from France.
They were soft fabric and colours







There were plenty of loaded shopping bags.









Coffee in the Spring sunshine








There's a great variety of stalls.






I bought some lovely gifts and cards from Gabriel Leizen.
Having done  calligraphy myself, in these days where we do so much on the PC 
I am still passionate about beautiful hand done lettering.


I found the most lovely small keepsake
to post to our grand daughter in California.



She has just turned one and sadly
we haven't managed to get to see her yet.





One of my reasons to for going to
 this gorgeous event was to see if our
pieces would work there.








These hats were just beautiful.








We already had our name on the list
 for the July and December
 brocantes from
Love Lane Vintage.


Now, having seen the fair,
we shall certainly be having stalls at both.

The next one is July 4th at Petworth House.
As soon as I find out all
 the details I'll post them.


Petworth

I was in Petworth myself earlier this week.
The small Sussex town is full of rather stylish antique shops.
It's a magnet for the US antique trade.



















 However, I wasn't there to shop.
I went to meet up with a friend have a walk
through Petworth Park, and catch up with all the news.













The park is a well known beauty spot and deer park




 Even stunning on a damp morning.

We had coffee in Petworth Park afterwards.

There were queues for the Turner Exhibition.

I heard it was a fantastic exhibition.
Apart from the Turner works, 
people were delighted the house had been really opened up to the public.

Rooms that were not normally accessible had been opened especially for the event. 


We would have loved to go, but alas,
the call of unfinished furniture drew me home.








House and Garden Magazine



We have a piece of our furniture in next months 
House and Garden magazine.
I can't post images until the magazine comes out as its central to the whole shoot.
Exciting to be asked to work on a piece, especially for them.

Here's some of our other pieces that have appeared in the national glossies.


A bamboo cabinet we worked on for the Havana shoot.







Old Friends


I have a dear friend staying for the week.
She lives in Annecy France.

Over the years when my son was small we visited the lovely town most years.
Down in the alps, it's a stunning place.











There are five of us from those Brighton hospital days
  who still  keep in close contact.

It's great isn't it 
 when you've known people
 so long you can just slip back in to the relationship?

Last years we met up in Bordeaux, France.........








and the year before.....Marrakesh...







Where to next I wonder?



Have a great day.


Post a Comment