ARUNDEL'S PERSIAN FEAST, A TOUCHING PROGRAMME, FRIENDS AND OTHER MUSINGS....


Jenny Edmonds lives in Arundel 
and after her lovely husband Jack died 
she pledged to raise money for 
St Wilfreds Hospice at Home team.



"Jack died in October 2010 and it is hardly an exaggeration 
to say that everyone in Arundel knew him, a smiling, gregarious man whose profile was always high in fundraising for parish events, 
Arundel Surgery, the school, 
Arundel Hospital, Arundel Museum 
to name but a few, and he was, using his persuasive charm, 
always nominated to promote the sale of tickets for such events.

It was the amazing care given to Jack by the 
St Wilfrid’s Hospice at Home Team 
that made it possible for Jack to die with dignity at home 
amidst the comings and goings of his family and friends, 
at the centre of which he was always happiest. 
Jenny pledged to work to help the hospice and leads the 
Jack Edmonds Memorial Fund
 with a group of enthusiastic supporters 
who all remember Jack with love."



So that leads us on to Jenny's latest venture.





IN AID OF THE JACK EDMONDS MEMORIAL FUND
ENJOY A PERSIAN FEAST

7PM
FRIDAY 18TH NOVEMBER

ARUNDEL NORFOLK CENTRE

WITH
BELLY DANCING
ACCOMPANIMENT

LICENSED BAR

TICKETS £25 FROM LARKINS
TARRANT STREET
ARUNDEL

Jenny always seems to have a 
sell out on her hands, 
so if you fancy this, get your tickets early.
We hope to go, as she has hired a Persian chef for the occasion, 
so Nass is chomping at the bit!


here's a little selection of photographs 
I took last time I was 
Persian bound

















I have just returned from working last night at the residential home for adolescents with challenging behaviour, where I do my grown up job.

Now, although I cannot tell you some of the more controversial things that happen I can tell you however, how touched I was last night.

The young people were all out of the lounge, 
and I thought I would catch a quick look at a programme 
I had been very keen to watch, 
that I was pretty sure they wouldn't want to see.



Hayley has a condition called Progeria...she is 13

 Hayley wearing a headscarf: The teenager now regularly wears a brunette wig

The young people came into the lounge and the reaction was very much

"What the ~~~~"???


"Who put this on??"

Comments on Hayley's looks abounded, and, they were not all complimentary.

Thought I would just sit it out.

I felt it might be good for these kids to see there are 
many other young people out there having hard lives.

After 10 minutes they were spellbound.

Mesmerised, as I was, by this amazing individual.

If you get the chance, try to watch it.


and the kids at work??
More than one, had tears in their eyes and they begged 
me to let them stay up to watch the end.

Who says teenagers don't have empathy?

just click on the link below 




Friends.

I value my friends.

I have mates from way, way back...and cherish them all


I meet up every two months with old school friends.
Works out one cook each a year.

We've helped one another through all sorts...
 through deaths and divorces, illness, 
bailiffs, and near repossession, nursing training 
kids growing and leaving 
and no kids arriving......

We take it in turns to cook dinner.
We drink wine and chew the cud.

We've been doing this ritual since my 
son Jay was 5 years old.

OMG he's now 34!!




I trained at 18 years old 
with my nursing buddies at 
The Royal Sussex County
and 
Alexandra Hospital for Sick Children
in Brighton.


and now I'm not 18 any more..... 
we too have kept up together
for many, many years,in spite of the 
miles between us all
 we meet when we can.

We've  got together in
Paris and Annecy and  Nice 
and Nice again and Barcelona.......
Oh! and Eastbourne and Brighton


and they are meeting for lunch today..
a rare occasion... and I am on nights

and I'm going to miss it!!

Girls have a great lunch and a glass orange juice for me
tee hee


still crazy after all these years







Me? Im off for the walk, to prevent 
myself getting to 18 stone
and then I'm off to bed
Have a great day

Comments

Popular Posts