Sunday Ramblings and Snow in Arundel pictures


I have been so lucky on my walks over the past week to catch a glimpse of
the horse trainer,
John Dunlop's racehorses, 
up in Arundel Park.


 Here they all are going up the gallops......







Luckily, I had my telephoto lens with me.










These are a few images I took a little while ago up there
It was a bitterly cold morning as you can see from the horses breathe.










Talking about bitterly cold...

It was my turn to stand in the warehouse yesterday.
Nass and I share it between us.

Trouble is, with being off the beaten track you can go several hours without seeing anyone.
Those I did see, I hasten to add, were charming.

It's a real shame as the warehouse/showroom is stashed full of some
interesting bits & pieces,
 and when people do
venture round they are usually delighted,
particularly the US antique trade.

However, yesterday was not one of those days and I FROZE in the place.


I wandered over to Gaskyns to get one of their lovely lattes.
Apart from anything else it broke the monotony...but, also, I desperately needed to get warmed up.







Here we go with the snow again.
Another excuse to get out and about with the camera.
Arundel always looks so gorgeous in the snow.
Having said that, I have just driven back from my night job in Crawley, 
and could barely manage to get out of the side street I work in.
The car slid around all over the place.

The countryside,  down the A24, however, was beautiful.
All the way as far as
Long Furlong.
Then the blanket of snow just stopped as I drove through the south downs.
After that, including Arundel, it was
damp and grey looking and not a speck of snow to be seen.





So, here's a few previously snapped images of a rather beautiful,
chocolate box,
Arundel


TARRANT STREET ARUNDEL



MALTRAVERS STREET COTTAGES, ARUNDEL

KINGS ARMS HILL, ARUNDEL

ARUNDEL HIGH STREET

MILL ROAD, ARUNDEL


MILL ROAD, ARUNDEL






have a lovely Sunday.
Whatever you are doing.


web:

email




Comments

Carolyn Gray said…
Funny.... I was huddled up working on the laptop and i took a peek at Arundel Eccentrics wesite ( some lovely things by the way ) and i read your blog! I had a very enjoyable scenic walk round and about Arundel without even leaving the warmth of the fire!
Thanks Brenda - great photos...
Carolyn Gray x

Popular Posts