Spirit Of Christmas at The Warehouse & other stuff

Been a busy week
I pulled my friend Allie in to help me.
Butterflies and fish decoupage all week.

Up to our eyeballs in gilt and paint.


Until our brains boggled.

Actually, it was Allie I started out with 20 odd years ago in the same warehouse
We briefly had this shop...now William Hill.

We were just teaching ourselves to paint and decorate furniture.
From there to

That's my son Jay and I outside Liberty ...that little boy is now 40!


anyway ...we made the transition in just about 20 years!







At the moment you will find a small collection of our pieces around the atrium in the London store.
This huge room is their Christmas room from September onwards.



Our decoupage 19th century chests are quite mad.
But they are surprisingly popular



The first one we ever did?

yep...wound up in one of the most prestigious interior magazines on the planet.




I know...crazy hey?


and ever since they have been spotted in magazines over here



One of our gilt cabinets




 a bamboo table we were commissioned to do for House and Garden Magazine
 and this.....



Spirit Of Christmas



The date is set for our ever popular open evening at the warehouse.
It's always in the diary of locals who come along every year.
Numbers are swelling by the year , so you may want to make an early start.

We open at 5pm.
Glass of something.
English and French antique collection.
Quirky gifts.
Arundel cards, notebooks, diaries and Christmas wrap
Candles.






but never fear if you miss this event
You can find us in Arundel High Street on 
Arundel By Candlelight Night

Outside the Burger Bar/ once Lloyds Bank



and here's some of our latest pieces.....

Oh I'm loving this
1950's Italian Smooth




and a mirror made from 2 windows from a 19th century French house


Italian 1930's chairs..leather

French 19th century chairs we've had upholstered in linen

 This 19th century tole grape hotte would make a wonderful log basket



French wooden boot lasts

1930's English chair
Low to the ground you just sink into it.



Here's the link to all our latest pieces




have a great Sunday

Me?

I'm putting on my walking boots, plugging in my latest
Audible book and escaping for a couple of hours.


 but dont tell my boss
I'm already on a written warning......


some of my recent Arundel walks.
Been some dramatic skies.






That varnishing can wait until tonight!

www.arundeleccentrics.com





Comments

Popular Posts