TOULOUSE, GOOD FRIENDS AND OTHER STUFF

It never ceases to amaze me how we meet people who then become the best of friends.
They turn up in the most unlikely places, don't they?
Why is it, some people you take straight to your heart and with others, 
it just doesn't seem to gel? 
Fortunately in this case, it was the former rather than the latter

A few years ago I met Nicky, quite by chance. 
She just happened to see a piece of Victorian Bamboo Furniture 
that I had in Homes and Gardens Magazine  
and it caught her eye as she was an avid collector of the stuff.


As it turns out, she laughs, she never did get around to reading the magazine,
but thankfully for Nass and I, she did come to see me and I 
restored and decorated several of the pieces that she had.

After a very short time, we became the best of friends, but her and Peter 
moved to France and I started working my nights, so Nass 
and I never quite managed to co-ordinate a trip to Toulouse to visit them.

Well, at last we made it and last night returned from only 4 days,
 but the most wonderful 4 days we have spent in a long while.

Nass golfed with Peter, to his hearts content 
while Nicky and 
I discussed life's rich pageant, or when not doing that, 
 I was out with my camera poking into every corner,
and generally consuming copious amounts of French wine.

ALL TOO MUCH FOR THE  NASS

DRAGONFLY ON AN ANTIQUE GARDEN BENCH



Alas! back last night and back to work again on nights tonight.
BUT
underlining the richness of our relationships with good friends,
and softening the blow of coming home to routine,
my lovely neighbour and dear friend, Hilde, 
not only fed my cat while I was away,
but did things like wash my hideously dirty kitchen floor.


So on my next nights off, I shall raise a glass to 
"GOOD FRIENDS"

Hmmmmmm now..is that a glass generally, or one for each good friend?? 
Tee Hee


Now then, there's 


Allie,Bridge,Hilde,Nick, Kelly,Amy, Barb................
then there's
Val and Julie and Chrissie and Sar.................


and Cheryl,Anna, Marianne and Carol..........
and Max and John...
and Julie and Rudi.....
OOhhh loads more... I could be toasting for hours

Getting home ain't so bad after all, I'm liking the sound of this!  

PIMMS O'CLOCK IN TOULOUSE

At the risk of sounding soft in the head and making everyone throw up,
a million, zillion thanks to Nicky and Peter for our wonderful visit
and to them and all our other great chums 
the same million, zillion thanks 
for being such a big part of our lives .


Comments

Anonymous said…
Brennie , what a lovely read, you are so good at all this writing lark you should be concentrating on a book, From me and im sure all your good friends out there we love our Brennie xx and see not even a bit of alcohol has passed my lips. Bridge

Popular Posts