Arundel ...Wet days but exhilarating walks


Yesterday, Arundel was wet and gloomy,
but there were still a fair amount of people in town.

Many of them were out walking, and umbrellas and waterproofs were the order of the day.


 people going into the castle

there is a lot going on in the stream down Mill Road.
Lots of nests and new babies
( actually, a few unwelcome residents such as the odd rat)
Less said about them, the better

Here is an expectant father

and here is the missus on the nest

he's just off to check on her
Each year ,we have watched their broods grow and leave.

past the mill at the end of the road

and into Swanbourne Lake




wet weather gear for the humans

if you don't know Arundel that well this is a great little cafe


I was surprised how many walkers there were taking to the hills

if you look closely you will see a carving ..JS...its almost 100 years old...wonder who they were?
 I hear JS has a relative still living in the town

puff up the hill

I was glad I had my zoom lens with me

inquisitive sheep


there is a wonderful view of the town right up there...it's glorious

you can just see the castle down below

this little one was panic stricken when she couldn't find her mum...and sheer relief when she found her


I took a different route this time and walked down towards Offham



the balloons are because there appeared to be a wedding on that day
I saw the bride clamber into the adorned land rover and her and her father honked the horn as they passed me


I took the road to Arundel

came down to the road by the  Black Rabbit Pub

I cant remember when the river was so high

and saw some stunning sights





I walked back to Arundel along the river bank

naughty naughty...who has left their rubbish?


almost back

along River Road, where there are some very pretty fisherman's cottages 

gorgeous hey?

there is a very pretty public garden where you can sit and watch the river life

up past the Kings Arms and"NO" I didn't stop for a drink



The walk took me a couple of hours and I felt like a new person when I arrived home.


Here is the link to the map if you are interested

Arundel Walk



How's your Bank Holiday weekend going?



Hope you are having a good day.
I am finishing a
Victorian Bamboo table that will be going to London on Wednesday
for a
House and Garden
Magazine photo shoot.

I'll let you know when it comes out.

Have a great day

www.arundeleccentrics.com

Comments

Popular Posts