Arundel Walks, Amazing Friends, House and Garden Magazine & on being filmed by the BBC


Good Morning from Arundel.

Back to grey, and I'm not referring to the book
that seems to have broken all literary records.
HOW has she done that?
I've not read it,
but I know a million people who have and are hooked on it.
Well, OK, not quite a million.LOL


Anyway, I was alluding to the weather,
and I don't have time to read
 a paper, let alone a book
 at the moment.




I managed a walk yesterday.
Not too far, as I am finishing an
 order of furniture going to the US.
Time is getting tight......
Shippers are on their way.



So while paint and varnish were drying ,
I managed to get out and enjoy the Arundel Countryside.












Arundel really is the most beautiful place to live.






Kind friends

Just recently, we had a dear friend, I have known for 
more years than I care to remember,
 stay with us for a few days.


We chatted about this n that.
 We went out shopping and and window shopping
 looking at super duper laptops and ipads, 
the latter of which I said I would love, but
 just couldn't afford to lash out on at the moment.


As this dear mate,
hopped on the train,
 at Arundel Railway station,
on the way back to London,
she handed me an envelope,
 with a thank you card it.


As the train doors were closing, 
she yelled out,
" It's for you!
not for new tyres for the car,
not for a new washing machine,
Its for you..."


The doors closed and she was
 still mouthing something,
that I never quite caught.


When I climbed back into the car,
I couldn't wait any longer,
the intrigue was making me burst.


 I opened the card,
 and there inside, was the 
cash to buy myself an ipad.



I'm telling you ....the tears welled up in my eyes.



Friends....

they can 
comfort you
 hurt you,
upset you,
amaze you,
touch you,

and a million other things besides......


That's what makes them so precious hey?

Otherwise, how did Facebook become so phenomenal.?



So here,
in honour of my friend,
and with massive thanks,
is the first little book I 
made on my ipad

 To which, she said
" Has it changed your life?"

It hasn't quite...but its added a huge new dimension to it.

And I love it almost as much, 
as I love all my dear friends... LOL

Nah, only joking.

You can't drink red wine with an ipad.......

Or scream with laughter,
until the tears stream down your face
and you roll around, hysterically, on the floor.





Anyway,
this little book
from my wonderful ipad,
is a bit about what 
Arundel Eccentrics do.


These chests are now to be found in some very upmarket stores, both here and the US.







Look out for an elephant piece of ours in Septembers House and Garden Magazine












Look out for us in
House and Garden
Magazine
this month.




one of Arundel Eccentrics
Victorian Bamboo cabinets
turned up in last months.








.........and next month is the screening of
Celebrity Antique Roadtrip,
for which we were filmed by the BBC,
and when we had the privilege of meeting
the actress
Alison Steadman.





 and yes, she is as lovely to talk to as she appears to be.......

lets hope my decoupage pieces get a little showing.







 We had such fun...thanks for visiting...


Quite a year so far...
Hope yours is going well



Have a wonderful day



Comments

Popular Posts