New York, New York

New York, New York

I was just looking through some of my old shots of NYC.

Still love black and white.

In 2012 we were there during
New York fashion week and found ourselves swept along by all the razzamatazz out on the pavements.....sorry, sidewalk.

Last time we visted it was winter.
We were staying with friends in Hastings on Hudson and went into the big city for the day.

Bitterly cold.
I had bought myself a warm puffy coat before we left England.

But we were short on cash and I'd bought a reduced one.

It was great.

Exceedingly warm.....but it had a dodgy zip....hence the huge price reduction....that would play up at inopportune moments.

We had been walking for miles....well it seemed like it....Nass said he'd had enough and we fell into a lovely little Italian restaurant down a sidestreet.

When I say little...it was diminutive...with hardly any space between tables...a few inches only.

And the zip chose that moment to be temperamental.
I surrupticiously struggled with it...all to no avail.

So I sat eating spaghetti in my coat, my face turning ever more puce.

Nass stared at my red face in astonishment.
" Get your coat off!"
" I can't" I hissed back.

By now I was sweating, both from the heat of that tiny restaurant packed with diners and being inside my cosy coat...and embarassment.

Nothing else for it....

I stood up...trying not to elbow the guy at the next table in the face....and with as much decorum as I could muster...wriggled out my arms first...slid the coat down my legs and stepped out of it.

The other diners watching in astonishment at the impromtu floor show.

I debated about a bow.

But decided I'd made enough of an exhibition of myself.

Nass put his head in his hands and gulped  his red wine.....

Happy days in NYC.

#NYC #newyork #blackandwhitephotography

Comments

Popular Posts