Brighton and the MADE fair, The White Hart in Arundel our Antique collection

Good Morning
from
Arundel Eccentrics Antiques

Where did that weekend just go to?
We have our open evening this Friday so it will be a busy week preparing.

We have some great antique pieces  in at the moment as well as all our gifts.



















Old Photos


Ive been busy scanning in old photos to do a little
 something  to send to my son Jay in the US.
Made me feel very nostalgic....and just plain OLD ha ha.
I just loved this old photo of he and I together.
He had a great style even then.
Now a menswear designer living in the Laguna Hills CA.
with his lovely wife Krista.

Some of his work regularly turns up in fashion magazines.



as does he.......


yes thats him
Anonymous in NYC






Made the fair in Brighton


I went to a great fair yesterday in Brighton.
My Arundel chum Allie and I went to

MADE
at The Corn Exchange in Brighton.

It's a design and Craft Fair.
When I say Craft I mean really, really up market pieces.


Check out the work of Fleur Grenier

She creates the most wonderful pewter pieces.
I'm telling you......... they are works of art.













Fleur also sells pieces in Arundel and for many years exhibited on
The Arundel Gallery Trail



As does
Lorraine Gibby
who make the most stunning jewellery.
They both work from
The Mettle Studios over in Angmering.



Are both members of the Sussex Guild

http://thesussexguild.co.uk/jewellery-and-silversmithing/






The fair was busy..........




Afterwards, Allie and I went for a wander round Brighton.
We spotted one of my gilt and fish chests in a shop in Bond Street.
It's in the window of Pretty Eccentrics.










I was brought up there, but its a while since I have been over.
We had lunch up near The Clock Tower in North Street.

In my day, The Clock Tower was 
the place to meet up with friends,
 & boyfriends before going out for the evening.

Ha Ha... I was stood up there a couple of times.
It all came flooding back.

Anyway, the cafe is wonderful
Passed it a few times but never been in as always so crowded.
That's a good sign though I suppose.
We actually had to queue outside the door to wait for a table.
FOODILIC
£6.45 
for as much as you like.
I'm veggie... and was ecstatic.
the plates and bowls of the most fantastic organic salads are just amazing.
They also do hot dishes and most of these made the carnivores happy.

Check it out if you are ever in Brighton.


They are also about to open another  branch in London.



The White Hart



also affectionately known as The Office, in our house.
Spent a great evening there on Saturday
....impromptu, I guess they are often the best. 

We had a trade client turn up in the
 afternoon who was staying in town.
We linked up with him in The Office
 then headed up the road to the local Indian Restaurant.


beautiful bar staff taking a minute to chat



The White Hart is one of our favourite places in Arundel to go out in the evening.
We always get some great banter from the bar staff and other locals..


http://www.harveys.org.uk/pubs-tenancies/find-our-beer/white-hart





Well, can't sit here all day.

I've bamboo tables to be 
working on down at the studio.









Come along and see us if you are in Arundel.
Friday evening 5-9

have a great day


 follow us on Facebook









Comments

Popular Posts