Country Walks and Antiques






  

Country walks in Arundel 



We are lucky to live where we do.
Arundel in southern England.

Castle.
Cathedral.
Meandering river.
History dating back to Roman times.

The Sussex downs.....

The most spectacular scenery right on our doorstep.




Elsa and I walk every morning.









Sometimes further than I intend.



With a business to run,
 I should be in the workshop.




while Nass, my husband,
opens the warehouse 





But then I think,
"Do you know what? 
Life's too short."



So I 
 set Map My Walk, 
and do just that.












Walk.

 all over the place...




For miles sometimes.



And though not wishing to
 incur the wrath of the Boss,
I find once I start striding out.


I lose all track of time.



....but don't tell him.....I'll work late


Usually, I'm listening to an audible book.


We have our favourites, Elsa and me.



Walks that is.
Not audible books.


She can't get the headphones on...


Sometimes, her mother and brother come along too.....







then the fun really starts...




So, put your walking boots on and join us on one of our favourite jaunts...



...on a frosty January morning...




when even barbed wire looks beautiful...




and we will walk across the fields from Arundel to Burpham.




or " The Burpham Walk" as it's known ...sounds like a dance..




Arundel Castle always there in the background...












 Back to work.


So, what is it we do?

Well, we have a large warehouse hidden behind Arundel's Co-op.

It was once part of the 18th century Swallow Brewery.

Now a wonderful, quirky backdrop for our furniture.



Mostly English & French.



imagine storing all your shoes & sweaters in this stylish notaires cabinet





19th-century French buffet deux corps




but not entirely



19th-century Irish dresser.


1930's French leather armchair




mid-century French os de mouton chairs....so-called because of the shape of their legs.


we are open 11-4 pm daily.

but if you're travelling a distance just contact us,
we are happy to open outside of those hours
19th-century French oak buffet

European coffer with the date painted on.
These were often decorated for wedding gifts with the date and initials of the bride and groom.
They make good coffee tables with storage.



you'll find details of all our latest stock on

The Hoarde





....and while my husband,
Nass is working away in the warehouse,
what is it I do?


Apart from skiving off over the hills?


I take things like this vintage enamel bowl......
 and I do this to them.....





and chests of drawers that are usually battered






then there's the piles of old buckets.....






and Victorian bamboo...




and old tins...





and scruffy tables...





and although we are hidden away down a little alley, (or twitten as we say in Sussex)
in 2016 we were invited to put a collection of our antiques on the 4th floor of
Liberty, London.


how crazy is that?







that's me ...many years ago, on the right...the smiling boy is my son...he's now a menswear designer in California!


Come and see us if you're ever in the Arundel area.

Catch up with us on
FB
and
Instagram
You'll find all our details here
www.arundeleccentrics.com




Popular Posts