Upcycling

Cutting and Stickin'



Twenty two years ago, I started a business with 2 friends I had met while
 working at The Body Shop HQ in Littlehampton.


We set up in the warehouse where Nass and I are now.
"Ambiance" was born.




With very little cash the idea was to buy junk furniture and upcycle....though that term, along with " shabby chic," I'm pretty sure wasn't even invented in those days.

We were teaching ourselves to paint and decorate .... mostly from old books...occasionally, a day workshop when we could afford it.

"Let's do some decoupage " said Allie one day.
" What on earth is that?" I asked.


She had young children at the time and laughed,
" Basically?......  It's cutting and stickin'. "




I've been cutting and sticking ever since.....
For trade customers..for celebrities....even...shhh for royalty.....crazy world.

this Victorian bamboo cabinet came in
covered in yellow gloss paint,
halfway to stripping it
and how it left







For a few years I did decoupage work on Victorian bamboo for a well known antique dealer.


I still love working on 19th century bamboo and chests of drawers.




My favourites though are vintage enamel pots and buckets...they take  lot of work, but scrub up pretty well.


this is how they come in



























We also deal in
English and French decorative antique furniture















You can find out more through this link
Our Current Collection

We are in a large 19th century warehouse in Arundel.
Only 5 minutes walk from Arundel High Street
( 3 if you walk fast)

If you'd like to visit just send us a message.

Open Saturday..other times by chance or appointment.
We are happy to open at any time

Follow us on Instagram

@arundeleccentricsantiques







Comments

Popular Posts